Casey Anthony is ready to resurface, but she wants up to $750,000 to deny killing her daughter on TV.
A Los Angeles-based producer has been shopping around the first interview with Anthony since her shocking July acquittal in the slaying of her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Pitched as a no-holds-barred interview with the nationally scorned Anthony, Scott Sternberg Production has, so far, found no takers, the Tinseltown web site revealed.
The production company is asking between $500,000 and $750,000 and is insisting it co-produce the talk show. But it would allow the winning bidder to pick its own interviewer, the web site reported.
“It will get very good ratings,” one cable source told the web site. “But who would want to put their ads in that kind of show?”
During her trial, prosecutors portrayed Anthony as a wild thing who saw her little girl as obstacle to her freedom.
The 22-year-old Florida mom was accused of killing her daughter in 2008 by administering chloroform, gagging her with duct tape and burying her remains in a shallow grave.
But on July 5, a jury rejected the prosecution’s theory and acquitted Anthony of murder. She was freed under a coast-to-coast storm of anger and went into hiding after receiving death threats.
Despite being widely branded as “The Most Hated Mom in America,” no network has entertained taking the gig to interview her.
So far, Scott Sternberg Productions has been turned down by Discovery Communications, Investigative Discovery and the A&E Networks — which includes Lifetime, sources told The Hollywood Reporter.
CBS News, ABC News and NBC News have all publicly said they would not pay to interview Anthony.